Volleyball is a popular team sport in which two teams of six players are separated by a net. The basics rules of volleyball is that each team tries to score points by bouncing the ball on the other team’s court.
The opposing team tries to keep the ball from hitting the floor. Each team is allowed only three hits per volley to get it back over the net to try to score. A player is not allowed to hit the ball twice in succession.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is to hit the volleyball over the net trying to get it to bounce on the opponents half of the court. The opposing team has to keep the ball from bouncing on the floor before returning the ball.
Each team has 6 players on the court at any time.. Each player takes up a position in either the attacking zone (next to the net) or the defensive zone (at the back of the court). Three players are in each zone and rotate in a clockwise position after every point.
Each team gets up to two timeouts per set of 30 seconds each. After each set the amount of timeouts resets back to two regardless of how many have been used previously.
- Server must serve from behind the end line until after contact
- Ball may be served underhand or overhand
- Ball must be clearly visible to opponents before serve
- Served ball may graze the net and drop to the other side for point
- First game serve is determined by a volley, each subsequent game shall be served by the previous game loser
- Serve must be returned by a bump only. no setting or attacking a serve
- Rally scoring will be used.
- There will be a point scored on every score of the ball.
- Offense will score on a defense miss or out of bounds hit.
- Defense will score on an offensive miss, out of bounds hit, or serve into the net.
- Game will be played to 25 pts.
- Must win by 2 points.
- Team will rotate each time they win the serve
- Players shall rotate in a clockwise manner
- There shall be 4-6 players on each side.
- Stepping over the base line when serving the ball.
- Ball hits the net and fails to get over the net (If the ball hits the net and still goes over the net then this is perfectly legal.
- Players are not allowed to carry, palm or run with the ball.
- Players must not touch the net with any part of the body. If the net is said to have hit them, then this is ok.
- The ball cannot travel under the net.
- Players cannot reach over the net and hit the ball.